Friday, November 11, 2011

August 30, 2011 - Charlie is here!

Early on Tuesday, August 30 we rolled on in to the hospital to meet our new little baby. After coordinating oodles of logistics with Christopher's week, grandparents helping out, food at home and all my necessities for the hospital I was actually glad to not be in charge of the day ahead. My c-section went off without a hitch and was actually a much more pleasant experience than before. I was much more "with it" this time. I will say that the anticipation of finding out if we had a boy or girl was so exciting. You could feel the energy build in the OR as the moment came closer and closer and then my doctor said...it's a boy. I think I squealed out loud. Another boy! I was so happy!





We had many visitors - family and friends alike - and at the end of our stay we were happy to head home. Charlie has two family names. Charles Raleigh Bacala is his full name. Chris' paternal grandfather was named Charles (Charlie) and Deidre's paternal grandfather's middle name was Raleigh.

Here Charlie is with his two grandfathers - Pawk and Grandad Richard.


And the proud grandmothers - Mimi and Lollie

The Bacala guys!

Christopher the big brother.



Getting ready to go home




Home!


Christopher enjoying Charlie's birthday cupcakes!




 Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment