Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baptism by Fire

We had a great weekend. Saturday morning we attended a baptism class at our church. We took Christopher with us since I am a first-time, germ-phob, mom. He hasn't had his shots yet and has been healthy so I didn't want him in the nursery just yet. Toward the end of the class he started getting fussy so in an attempt to not disrupt the others Chris took him out of the room. At this very time we were holding lit candles (part of the children's godly play they were demonstrating) so Chris handed me his so they boys could step out. They then passed around the candle snuffer (??) and in some weird twist of my arms I poured hot wax on myself, my skirt and my tights. And in an effort to dodge the burning wax one of the candles caught my sweater on fire!!! I immediately mapped out the fastest route to the Parkland Burn Unit in my head. Apparently my sweater is flame retardant because with one pat it was out. I sort of got the giggles once I realized I wasn't going up in smoke. My reflexes were so fast (another benefit of motherhood??) I'm not sure anyone else even saw it. The class was soon over and as soon as we hit the parking lot I told Chris I caught myself on fire. His response, "in that short amount of time I was gone?" Yes, dear, um, fire moves fast. I made him sniff my sweater to prove it - had a nice burned aroma to it.

Saturday night we made it to two parties and it was fun to get out and about. Now, the evening ended early and with dinner from the Taco Bell drive thru, but hey, we made it out! We went to the family service at church Sunday and Christopher did great, again! He loves the music! And I promise, when I was pregnant he would dance and move around the most during the music at church. We had a nice, restful, family weekend.

Hello world! I so love this face.


Total cuteness.

Hanging out in the crib.


All stretched out in 'da crib. Notice how tight his outfit is...growing out of his newborn clothes already!

No comments:

Post a Comment